CRBA Update August 17, 2017
As you know our pastors/ministers meet every Monday morning at 10:30 a.m. for Ministers Conference. That being said, we have been invited to tour the Waldensian Trail of Faith on Monday, August 28th beginning at 10 a.m. We will all meet at the “Trail” in Valdese (401 Church St., Valdese, NC) instead of the CRBA office. This will be a special time for all ministers and spouses are invited to join us. Following the tour we will be treated to an authentic Waldensian meal which will take place at the visitors’ center. I hope each of you will be able to attend but please RSVP by Thursday, August 24th by noon, so the proper amount of food can be prepared. The purpose of this “FREE” tour and meal is to expose our CRBA church leaders to the Trail so they in turn may share special savings with their church family. Please RSVP today by calling our CRBA office at 828-437-0137.
The Bill Glass Behind the Walls ministry is coming to our area and they need our help. They are looking for 90 men and 40 women who will agree to be trained on Friday, October 6th in Ashville and will then minister in nearby prisons. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn to share the Gospel and then have the opportunity to share what God has done in your life. In addition, they are looking for 41 people with motorcycles who would be willing to carry their bikes to the prison to minister. If you would like to help with this very important ministry opportunity please go to: http://bit.ly/2tw9fuT and click on Asheville.
Well it’s that time again where we ask all CRBA churches to fill out their annual church profile as requested from the Southern Baptist Convention. This year we want to offer help for church Clerks as they are usually the ones given that task. We will be hosting a “Lunch N’ Learn” Annual Church Profile (ACP) Training on Thursday, August 31st @ 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. @ CRBA. This is for Church Clerks or anyone responsible for filling out the profile this year. Lunch will be served so please RSVP by calling our office at 828-437-0137.
OUT OF THE BOX (Ideas to help churches reach people for Jesus)
TEN Missional Ideas for Building Neighborhood Relationships
(By Evangelism Coach)
1. Host a neighborhood block party on your street.
2. Host marriage enrichment seminars in your home for neighbors.
3. Start a playgroup with other stay at home parents. Don’t forget the stay at home dads.
4. Distribute homemade gifts to your neighbors at Christmas time. Include a tactful card that points to Christ.
5. Invite those without nearby family over for a holiday meal (for example: singles, internationals, divorced or widowed).
6. Conduct a Backyard Bible Club during the summer for neighborhood kids.
7. Host a baby shower for a neighbor who is expecting. Make sure you include their friends not just yours!
8. Offer to host a weekly discussion group or Bible Study. Invite Christian and non-Christian friends to participate.
9. Coordinate a Bring your Own Main Course night. You supply the grill, and everyone brings their own meat or veggie dish. Have some families bring side dishes while others bring drinks or dessert.
10. Invite the neighbors over to watch a ball game or the mother of all USA sporting events-the Super Bowl.
Are you ready to LoveLOUD October 9-14?
LoveLOUD is a week of missional service opportunities designed to engage CRBA churches in sharing Christ’s love in Burke County in a variety of practical ways. Churches can be involved in one of three kinds of projects:
1. Construction Projects
2. Community Service
3. Evangelistic Outreach
For more information on how you and your church can be involved give us a call at 828-437-0137.
Our Annual WMU Missions Celebration is October 24th at 6:15 p.m. at High Peak Baptist Church in Valdese. A wonderful meal will be served and we are encouraging each person attending to contribute $5 for the cost of the meal. Also, we are encouraging you to bring a new or “gently” used purse (to be filled with supplies at a later date) to be donated to Options which is our local Women’s Shelter. This will be a great time of fellowship, missions and inspiration as our Director of Missions Robby Smith will be giving the missions challenge for the evening.
• Ashville Street Baptist Church in Morganton is seeking a pianist. For more information please contact Pastor Doug Goforth at 828-437-7255
• Seeking a full-time Sr. Pastor for a Blended Style Worship Service Southern Baptist Church. Requires a minimum education level of Master of Divinity from a seminary affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention. Licensed and Ordained as a Pastor in a Southern Baptist Church with a minimal of 10 years’ experience as a Pastor (Sr. or Assoc.). Send Cover letter and Resume to: Pastor Search Comm., Burkemont Baptist Church, 4668 Burkemont Road, Morganton, NC 28655
Beginning August 19th at noon the Waldensian Trail of Faith (401 Church Street, Valdese) will be hosting Waldensians……….Heroes of the Reformation which will be an audio tour celebration you will want to be part of. In addition to fun and ice cream there will be a FREEDOM Rally from 5 to 7 p.m. with speakers Jim Jacumin, John Byrnes (Concerned Veterans for America Foundation) and Christopher McCoy. For more information on the rally please contact Tyler Sain at TSain@cv4a.org, 828-467-8745.
Please be in prayer for this week’s Churches of the Week:
• Glen Alpine First Baptist (pastor John Terry)
• Grace Baptist (pastor Marty Bess)
• Grandview Baptist (pastor John Whisnant)
• The Great American Cowboy Church (pastor Donald Lovelace)
A key to everything is surrender – to really come before the Lord and say, ‘I will literally stay here as long as you want me to stay’ or ‘God, I will really go anywhere on the earth.’ ―Francis Chan
31 –Church Clerk Lunch N’ Learn Annual Church Profile (ACP) Training
@ 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. @ CRBA
4 –Labor Day (CRBA Office Closed)
7 –Minister’s Wives Fellowship @ Abele’s in Morganton @ 5:30 (Dutch Treat)
5 –Senior Adult Outing
5 –Minister’s Wives Fellowship @ Abele’s in Morganton @ 5:30 (Dutch Treat)
9 –Toy Store Registration 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Summit
10 –Toy Store Registration Noon to 8 p.m. @ Summit
11 –Toy Store Registration 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Summit
15 –CRBA Fall/Annual Meeting/Celebration @ Burkmont
Meal, choir rehearsal & business session at 4:30 and Worship Celebration@ 6
24 –Fall WMU Missions Celebration @ 6:15 (sessions will be included for boys and girls and nursery will be available)
2 –No Minister’s Wives Fellowship this month
6 –S.S. Training with Ken Hemphill @ High Peak Baptist Church
14 –Ministers, Church Secretaries and Spouses Christmas Party @ 6 p.m.
23 –Thanksgiving (CRBA Office Closed)
3 –Toy Store Set-up @ 1 p.m. @ Summit
4 –Toy Store 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. @ Summit
5 –Toy Store 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. @ Summit
6 –Toy Store 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Summit
7 –Toy Store 8 a.m. to noon @ Summit