BurkeChangers is going to be awesome again this year and we need your help. Our greatest need currently is for skilled men and women to serve as Crew Chiefs. If you are willing to help, please sign up today at the above link. If you don’t have building skills but wish to help, we have a place for you to serve. We are also in need of churches to feed these teams of 15 Monday thru Wednesday. To volunteer and for more information, please go to www.burkechangers.org or call our office at 828-437-0137.
We are looking forward to our Mission Trip to Cincinnati from August 4-7. Ministries will include 2 block parties, prayer walking, participating in worship services Saturday evening, and handing out flyers. The approximate cost is $240 per person. Lodging will be at a local hotel and is based on double occupancy.
The deadline to register is June 1st with a non-refundable deposit of $100.
To register and for more information, please call our CRBA office at 828-437-0137.
If your church would be willing to adopt a section of Burke County to distribute these packets door to door (not door-knocking, just putting the bag on the door handle) please call our CRBA office. We have only 4 maps remaining and need help, especially in the eastern part of our county (Valdese and Eastward). All materials are free of charge and are customizable. Please stop by or call our office for more information and/or to pick up the supplies.
We are excited we will be taking a team to Kisumu, Kenya this November. We will be building homes for those in need which will also be used for Bible Studies and Church Plants. In addition to providing homes, there will be opportunities for personal evangelism, prayer walking, preaching, and teaching. The cost is approximately $2,200 (the cost may vary due to travel). For more information and to register, please call our CRBA office. The deadline to sign up with a $500 deposit is August 15th.
We are also in need of someone who can refurbish bicycles to be given out during Toy Store. If this is part of your giftedness and would like to volunteer, please let us know by calling 828-437-0137.
We are happy to announce that Burkemont is bringing the Dental Ministry Trailer from Baptist On Mission to our community. This important ministry will take place on August 18th and 19th and we need your help. The following volunteers are needed:
Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Prayer Counselors, Greeters, folks to provide meals, etc.
If you would like to help with this wonderful ministry, please call Eddy Bunton at Burkemont Baptist. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Did you realize that God’s work doesn’t take a sabbatical during the summer months? How can your church seize the unique evangelism and fellowship opportunities of the season?
Try some of these fresh summertime ideas as penned by Diana Davis and published by Lifeway:
- Plan a “summer nights series” of outdoor worship services and fellowships.
- Stage an outdoor Christian music concert or produce a Christian dinner theatre dramatic production.
- Invite the church neighborhood for a homemade ice cream party.
- Do a free outdoor family movie night, projecting on a large exterior wall.
- Challenge every church member to plan a “Cookout with Your Neighbors” at their home sometime during July to develop friendships and invite neighbors to church.
- Why not morph your church-wide picnic into a city-wide event, with special invitations to VBS and church daycare families?
- Invite the community to attend your kids’ camps, Vacation Bible School or Wednesday night salad suppers. You may be surprised how many participate when invited!
- For the Sunday prior to July 4th, plan a “red, white and blue jean” Sunday. Invite local government leaders to attend your worship service, present them a gift, and voice a prayer for them.
- Form a jump-rope team for girls, jumping to Christian music or rhymes.
- Plan day trip adventures for moms and kids.
- Organize a Wii bowling league with multiple projections on a large exterior wall.
- Entice local kids who skateboard to attend youth Bible study by building a rack to hold skateboards.
- Do a reading club or weekly kids’ story hour in the church library.
- Organize a bike ride that ends at the church. Arrange a Christ-focused teens’ art day camp.
- Invite the community to join you for outdoor tournaments, such as volleyball, horseshoes, softball, bocce ball, and 3-on-3 basketball.
- Plan a father and kids’ campout on the church lawn or a huge kids’ sprinkler party.
- Your teens can organize a drive-through to pass out free snow cones and an invitation to Sunday worship.
- Do a gigantic garage sale, with proceeds going to purchase an impressive new entry sign for your town or a similar project. At the sale, play live music and distribute Bibles, church brochures, and lemonade.
Oh, summertime offers oodles of ways to impact your community for Christ. The key is to invite your community to join you for summer events at your church and welcome them joyfully. Publicize with exterior banners, personal invitations, and on your church sign.
For those who may not know, Eddy is the Youth Pastor at Burkemont Baptist Church in Morganton, NC. He is part of a group of 6 going to Moldova from our area. In that small group, there is a business owner, a youth pastor, a high school administrator, a full-time college student, a retired senior adult, and a mom of four. They need your prayers as God uses them in their own unique stages of life to minister to and care for the people of Moldova. This group will have the privilege of serving in a refugee center for the Ukrainian people just outside of Chisinau helping in the kitchen, helping with laundry, providing children’s ministries, and general cleaning.
May God be glorified in all their efforts!
Amherst Baptist is seeking a Full-time Pastor. Please send resumes to email@example.com
Icard’s Grove Baptist is seeking a bi-vocational Pastor.
Mull’s Grove Baptist is seeking a bi-vocational Music Minister. Please send resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pleasant Hill Baptist is seeking a Piano Accompanist for Wednesday night choir practice (7:00 pm) and Sunday morning service (10:30 am). There will be a stipend offered. Pleasant Hill is also seeking a part-time Worship Leader. Please email questions and resumes to email@example.com or mail to:
2396 Enola Rd., Morganton, NC 28655
Southside is seeking a Church Secretary. All questions and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wilkies Grove is seeking an:
Associate Pastor or Associate Pastor/Minister of Youth & Children FULL-TIME POSITION
Located in eastern Burke County, Wilkies Grove Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor or AP / Minister of Youth & Children who understands and demonstrates the work of the church and is faithful to the conservative values of the Southern Baptist Convention. The church is in a rural setting, south of I-40 between Hickory and Morganton. Wilkies Grove averages an attendance of 240 and is a member of the Catawba River Association. Additional staff includes the senior pastor, youth leader, minister of music, and secretary/treasurer.
Job Descriptions are available at wilkiesgrove.com.
- Saved by the Grace of God through the acceptance of Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior.
- A Southern Baptist who agrees with and ascribes to the literal validity and application of the Holy Bible.
- Believes the Holy Bible is the inspired and inerrant Word of God.
- Licensed and ordained as a minister of the Gospel by a conservative Southern Baptist Church.
- A minimum of (3) years of experience in a church leadership role is preferred.
- Proclaim the Gospel as the literal Word of God to the church and assist the church in proclaiming the Gospel to the community.
- Partner with the senior pastor and Deacon Board in the governance of the church.
- Support the church with attendance and tithes.
- Provide assistance to the senior pastor in any area of work, as requested or assigned.
- Assist in worship services as needed and at the discretion of the senior pastor.
- Serve on church committees and support church-wide initiatives.
- Conduct funeral services and wedding ceremonies as requested.
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience.
Mr. Chris Bortnick
WGBC Pastor Church Committee, Chair
MAIL: Mr. Chris Bortnick
5780 Wilkies Grove Church Road
Hickory, NC 28602
The Deaf Church at FBC Morganton is selling a 1994 Ford Club Wagon Van
Radio DOES NOT work
Side slide-out steps
Please contact Tom Lineberger at (828) 413-0216 for more information.
Stantonsburg FBC is seeking a pastor and is located 50 miles east of Raleigh. If interested, please send resumes to:
SFBC Pastor Search Team
PO Box 356
Stantonsburg, NC 27883
FBC Hildebrand is seeking an Organist & Part-time Music Director for our church. This is a paid position. This will require you to be here for Sunday & Wednesday services and any special services; revival, cantata, dramas, etc. Please submit your resume to the church office by mail at PO Box 220, Hildebran NC 28637 or you can email your resume to Kendra Arrowood email@example.com.
Glenwood Baptist Church is seeking a man of God to be our full-time pastor. If interested, please submit your resume to:
Glenwood Baptist Church
Attn: Pastor Search Committee
PO Box 218
Glenwood, NC 28737
or online at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poovey’s Grove Baptist Church is seeking a full-time senior pastor. For more information, please contact Classie Whisenant at (828) 381-2500 or email@example.com.
First Baptist Church of Lincolnton, NC:
Wanted: Part-time Facilities Manager who has demonstrated maintenance experience. If interested, please send a resume to First Baptist Church, Attn: Dr. Stanley Spence, 201 Robin Road, Lincolnton, NC 28092, or email Vicki.firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pregnancy Care Center is hiring an Operations Manager.
Gerresheimer is a local plant looking to hire in several positions. Please visit www.gerresheimer.com for more information and to apply.