We are still collecting toys for this year’s Toy Store and we need your help. Please bring new toys costing $15-$20 to our CRBA office. For a sample list of toys please go to https://www.crbanc.org/crba-needs/. Also, if you are willing to help us at Toy Store this year (December 6-8) we are scheduling 4 hours shifts now. To volunteer, call our CRBA office at 828-437-0137.
Plan to use one or more of these ministry ideas during the upcoming Christmas Season.
- Stuffed stockings -Take a cue from Open Air Ministries Philadelphia and partner with other local churches to distribute overflowing stockings to low-income families in your area. Each year, Open Air invites elementary students the church normally reaches—as well as other families in nearby low-income neighborhoods—to attend Christmas stocking outreach.
- Christmas Tree Collection –Everyone needs to get rid of his or her tree. A few days after Christmas, offer to haul them away for the neighborhood.
- Christmas tree giveaways. Work with a local Christmas tree lot and school to buy and deliver free Christmas trees. Ask the school and your church to recommend families to receive the trees and a decoration box, including lights, ornaments, and a tree topper.
- Christmas Tea -An outreach event an individual might use is a Christmas Tea given for women and girls. This can be done more simply than you might imagine, and because so many people are open to friendship and sharing the faith at this time of year, it is even possible to present a non-churchy Gospel presentation in FIVE minutes if your invitation states that someone may be sharing a few inspiring thoughts about the season. Guests come prepared to share a favorite Christmas memory. Ask a few neighbors to help you and then follow up with an invite to your church’s Christmas Eve service. For neighbors who miss the tea, take a little plate of goodies with your name and phone number and look for future opportunities to impact them. It is so fun to see God work a miracle in a neighborhood. All he needs is one person/church who will seek His strategy and do His bidding, whatever simple thing it is. He will cover any mistakes and pour out joy unspeakable, so make this Christmas count. It is a strategic one!
- Christmas camp. Offer free childcare to your community on Friday and Saturday nights—prime times for company Christmas parties and holiday shopping. Organize a crafts station where children can create homemade gifts for their families and friends.
We are excited to announce the start of the Catawba River Baptist Association Bible Institute.
To provide accessible, affordable basic biblical education and ministry training to Christian workers in Burke County, North Carolina, and the surrounding areas.
Faculty: Local pastors and other Baptists who are exceptionally qualified to teach in their disciplines.
Organization: CRBA AMS/DOM provides general oversight. Academic Dean directs faculty and oversees course development. Registrar responsible for student enrollment information. Bursar collects payments, pays expenses, and remunerates faculty.
Classes are 10 weeks long, including 10 hours of lecture, reading assignments, written assignments, and tests. Taught primarily face-to-face at Catawba River Baptist Association. Four 10-week cycles offered per year. Two classes offered per evening. One or two evenings per week, depending on demand and faculty availability.
Additional options include intensive classes, Zoom classes, and alternative meeting times. The goal is to make basic biblical and ministerial education accessible, removing impediments to learning. Minimum standards are 10 hours of teaching, reasonable reading requirements, a written assignment, and a final examination. Options which meet these standards will be considered.
CRBBI, as a ministry of CRBA, will adhere to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message. Faculty will be required to agree to teach in accordance with and not contrary to the 2000 BF&M. Students will not be required to affirm their belief in the 2000 BF&M.
The cost will be $50 per person per course which will be used to bless the instructors.
Our first course will be New Testament Survey 1: Harmony of the Gospels taught by Dr. Steve Mathews, pastor of United Baptist Church. The course will be at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, January 11th at our CRBA office in Morganton.
To register please call 828-437-0137 or email email@example.com.
Join us this Wednesday for our CRBA week prayer conference call. This time of prayer will be a blessing to you, your family, and your church. Please take note of the new phone #.
We are excited to announce that we will be doing ministry in Central Asia in April of 2022 with the help of one of our IMB Missionaries. For more information on this special trip, please call our CRBA office. This trip is limited to 10 people so if you plan to go please contact our office and send in a deposit of $100 to secure your place before December 1, 2021. We currently have 5 spaces open.
There are only a few spots left. Please contact the CRBA office today to sign up!
Amherst Baptist is seeking a Pastor.
Antioch Baptist is seeking a bi-vocational Pastor.
East Valdese has a part-time, 10 hour a week position as a Children’s Ministry Coordinator. To anyone interested, please contact Pastor Ken at 828-874-0511 (ext 113) for more information.
El Bethel Baptist Church in Morganton is searching for a part-time Youth Director. If interested please send resumes and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oak Ridge Baptist Church is seeking a part-time Student Pastor. Responsibilities include overseeing different aspects of the youth ministry including teaching Bible studies, planning retreats & events, leading ministry volunteers, and overseeing the ministry budget. An average of 20 hours per week is expected for this position. Seminary education and experience are preferred. For a more detailed job description email the church office at email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through August 31.
Pleasant Hill Baptist is seeking a part-time Worship Pastor/Leader.
Rutherford College First Baptist is seeking a bi-vocational Pastor.
Southside is seeking a Church Secretary. All questions and resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wilkies Grove is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor. Please send resumes and questions to:
Mr. Chris Bortnick
(WGBC Pastor Church Committee, Chair)
5780 Wilkies Grove Church Rd.
Hickory, NC 28602
2021 Week of Prayer for International Missions
& Lottie Moon Christmas Offering
November 28 – December 5, 2021
- Bulletin Insert
- Giving Posters
- 2021 Global Impact Guide: A Multitude of Ways
- 2021 Guía de impacto global: Una multitud de formas
- Week of Prayer Kids Activities – Days 1-8
- Who was Lottie Moon?
- PowerPoint Slides – Download
- Social Media Graphics – Zip File
- Presentation Graphics – Zip File
- Videos (English)
- Videos (Spanish)
Friendship Baptist Church, Hudson NC is seeking an energetic Interim Children/Youth Leader with potential for a permanent position. (15-20 hours per week). Please email resumes on or before September 20th to email@example.com
FBC Hildebrand is seeking a Pianist, Organist & Part-time Music Director for our church. This is a paid position. This will require you to be here for Sunday & Wednesday services and any special services, Revival, Cantata’s, Drama’s, etc. Please submit your resume to the church office by mail at PO Box 220, Hildebran NC 28637 or you can email your resume to Kendra Arrowood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Baptist Hildebran is also prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor. First Baptist Hildebran is in the Foothills of North Carolina in the town of Hildebran. Our church is affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and the Catawba Valley Baptist Association. We are seeking a Pastor that adheres to the Baptist faith and has a Master of Divinity degree (or equivalent) or in pursuit of a degree with a conservative evangelical faith. To learn more about our church and see a full list of qualifications please visit our website at www.fbchildebran.com.
Resumes may be sent to:
First Baptist Hildebran
Senior Pastor Search Committee
PO Box 220
Hildebran, NC 28637 or
Stantonsburg FBC is seeking a pastor and is located 50 miles east of Raleigh. If interested, please send resume to:
SFBC Pastor Search Team
PO Box 356
Stantonsburg, NC., 27883
The New Dimensions Middle School has started an exciting Friday initiative called Flex Fridays that encourages students to explore a variety of hobbies, careers, life skills, and more. We have big plans for some local field trips but are in need of drivers. We are open to individuals that have their CDLs and are interested in driving our activity buses for these field trips. Most trips would be from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
To apply, contact Director David Burleson.
Dr. David Burleson
New Dimensions Charter School
550 Lenoir Road
Morganton, NC 28655
Baptist Children’s Homes of North Carolina is seeking dedicated Christian couples to fill the role of cottage parents at Broyhill Home in Clyde, the Drake Cottage in Franklin, and the Truett Home in Hayesville. You would be fulfilling God’s calling as missionaries at home ministering to dependent and neglected children in a nurturing home environment. If God is calling you to this type of ministry, please contact Linda Morgan, Statewide Director of Child Cottage Care, 111 Sneed Dr., Clyde, NC 28721. Phone 828-627-9254.