CRBA September 14, 2017
All Royal Ambassador leaders are invited to attend a wonderful training/planning event at the Associational Office on Tuesday, September 19, at 6:00 p.m. We will discuss materials available, ideas for group activities, how to plan meetings, and how to develop and maintain boys’ interest in being a part of Royal Ambassadors. New leaders will also receive helpful information and materials that will make their work much easier as they strive to reach Burke county boys for Jesus. A light supper will be provided. Please contact Phillip Heavner, Associational RA Leader, to register, at 828-502-9318 or at email@example.com.
Community House Ministry
Our Community House Ministry will begin at the Hillcrest Community House on Wednesday, October 4th at 6 p.m. with a Block Party. In preparation for this important ministry we are asking for your help. We are in need of the following supplies and could really use your help. Please bring all donations to our CRBA office in Morganton.
• Packs of notebook paper
• Individually wrapped snacks and chips
• Juice Boxes
• Ping Pong Balls
• Board Games (i.e. Connect 4, Kerplunk, etc.)
• Corn Hole Set
• Soccer Balls
• Basket Balls
Also, we are in need of one additional church who will volunteer to lead this ministry the fourth Wednesday of every month. If interested please call Robby at 828-437-0137. Our current partners are: Zion Baptist, Walker Road Baptist, Summit and New Day.
Also, at this year’s Annual Worship Celebration a special offering will be taken which will go towards paying off the CRBA building mortgage which is currently at $260,000. Not only are we asking individuals to contribute but we are asking our churches to make a sacrificial gift as well. Paying off this debt will free up over $22,000 yearly for the next 16 years which will allow us to help our churches with many more evangelistic/mission projects. Please pray for what God would have you to do regarding this important offering.
Thank you for your continued concern for the challenges of those recently affected by recent hurricanes. The most pressing need at this time is monetary donations. You can click on the following link to make a donation to Disaster Relief.
You can make a credit card donation by calling Kecia Morgan at 1.800.395.5102, ext. 5613 or by mailing a check to:
NCBM, PO Box 1107, Cary, NC 27512 Memo line: Disaster Relief Hurricane Harvey (or Irma)
If, you would like to donate other items for Houston relief, please follow the list below. Please do not deviate from the list.
There are 3 types of collections being accepted:
1. Hygiene Kits: Use a 1-gallon sealable/Ziploc plastic bag and fill with a variety of the following. Soap, Lotion, Shampoo, Deodorant, Washcloth, Comb/brush, Facial tissue, Shaving cream/razor, Toothbrush/toothpaste, Feminine hygiene products
2. First aid kits: Purchased (for up to $10 each) at grocery and drug stores.
3. Diapers and formula
We are NOT accepting Water, Bleach and Clothing
If your church chooses to collect items they can bring them to our CRBA office we will make sure they are delivered to the drop off center in Shelby. If you have any questions please give us a call.
Our state convention has been helping in wonderful ways and have provided the following stats for Hurricane Harvey relief:
12,000 volunteer hours or @1,200 volunteer days
103,000 meals prepared
550 laundry loads
20 recovery jobs completed
NC Baptists are in Nederland, Texas with a complete operation, including a water tanker, feeding unit, laundry and shower units and recovery unit and teams. Teams are in route to South Miami, near Homestead, with a complete operation as well. Feeding is now set up and food will be served to those in South Miami and also for the Florida Keys. We are very appreciative of your continued support as we work to help those in need. Pray for the gospel to be shared and people to see God even in the midst of these terrible disasters.
Please prayerfully consider doing some of the following things as God leads you:
• Choose a date to take a team from your church to Nederland, Texas or Florida (or wherever we are assigned from Irma) at www.baptistsonmission.org/hurricaneharvey or www.baptistsonmission.org/hurricaneirma.
• Choose multiple dates or weekends to minister in NC at one of our Hurricane Matthew sites: Lumberton, Windsor, Goldsboro, Pender County at www.baptistsonmission.org/hurricanematthew. We have dozens of homes that are just a few days away from completion so that the families can move back in after a year out of their homes.
• Register with our state convention to be used as a volunteer for hurricane Irma relief at www.baptistsonmission.org/irma
• Financial donations and gift cards are needed to help people affected by Hurricane Irma in Florida. Gift cards can be sent to Greater Orlando Baptist Association 1906 Lee Road Orlando, FL 32810. Financial donations can be made online at GOBA.org/Donate.
Roofing tarps are also needed. Please send tarps to:
Grace Journey Community Church 10301 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32817
Ministry Partner News
• Ashville Street Baptist Church in Morganton is seeking a pianist. For more information please contact Pastor Doug Goforth at 828-437-7255
Are you ready to LoveLOUD October 9-14?
LoveLOUD is a week of missional service opportunities designed to engage CRBA churches in sharing Christ’s love in Burke County in a variety of practical ways. Churches can be involved in one of three kinds of projects:
1. Construction Projects
2. Community Service
3. Evangelistic Outreach
For more information on how you and your church can be involved give us a call
Please be in prayer for this week’s Churches of the Week:
• Mull’s Grove (pastor Bud Jernigan)
• New Hope in Christ (pastor Max Bristol)
• North Laurel (pastor Mike Wakefield)
• North Morganton (pastor Kenneth Baker)
“Depend on it. God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supply. He is too wise a God to frustrate His purposes for lack of funds, and He can just as easily supply them ahead of time as afterwards, and He much prefers doing so.”
-James Hudson Taylor
18 –Pastor Mentoring @ 10:30 a.m.
19 –R.A. Leader Training @ 6 p.m.
28 –Annual Church Profiles Due
4 –Community House Ministry at Mountain Crest Begins
5 –Senior Adult Outing
5 –Minister’s Wives Fellowship @ Abele’s in Morganton @ 5:30
9 –Toy Store Registration 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Summit
10 –Toy Store Registration Noon to 8 p.m. @ Summit
11 –Toy Store Registration 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Summit
15 –CRBA Fall/Annual Meeting/Celebration @ Burkmont
Meal, choir rehearsal & business session at 4:30 and Worship Celebration@ 6
24 –Fall WMU Missions Celebration @ 6:15 (sessions will be included for boys and girls and nursery will be available)
2 –No Minister’s Wives Fellowship this month
6 –S.S. Training with Ken Hemphill @ High Peak Baptist Church
14 –Ministers, Church Secretaries and Spouses Christmas Party @ 6 p.m.
23 –Thanksgiving (CRBA Office Closed)
3 –Toy Store Set-up @ 1 p.m. @ Summit
4 –Toy Store 1 p.m. to 8 p.m. @ Summit
5 –Toy Store 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. @ Summit
6 –Toy Store 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. @ Summit
7 –Toy Store 8 a.m. to noon @ Summit