Next year in February the Catawba River Baptist Association will sponsor a mission trip to Kenya. The trip will focus on building homes for ministers near Ahero, Kenya. If enough pastors sign up, then we’ll also do some ministry training of local ministers. We have a chance to impact the ministry of ministers in the area and really multiply our ministry for the kingdom in Kenya. So please, prayerfully consider joining us February 4, 2020 when the team will leave the United States.
The trip will cost about $2,600 most of which pays for airfare to Kenya. A deposit of $300 is due July 1, 2019. Pay it to the Catawba River Baptist Association. You will also need an application submitted by that date. Download a Microsoft Word document or request a printed one by calling the Catawba River Baptist Association. Then you can come by and pick it up. Call 828-437-0137
Here is the itinerary beginning on February 4, 2020 and returning on February 14, 2020.
- Tuesday – Depart US
- Wednesday – Arrive in Nairobi pm; stay in hotel in Nairobi
- Thursday – Travel to Ahero; arrive, settle into guesthouse
- Friday – Build 1st house; minister in community; house dedication
- Saturday – Build 2nd house; minister in community; house dedication
- Sunday – Worship in local church and visit Kisumu area
- Monday – Build 3rd house; minister in community; house dedication
- Tuesday – Build 4th house; minister in community; house dedication
- Wednesday – Travel to Masai Mara game park; lunch at lodge; game drive in late afternoon
- Thursday – Breakfast at lodge; game drive in am; drive back to Nairobi; fly out pm
- Friday – arrive back in us
Above you’ll see a map of the area where the team will work. If you have any questions contact our Director of Missions, Robby Smith at the phone number above or by email.